Wednesday 29 May 2013

My Top 6 Reviews



Continuing on with the theme of my top six on various categories I will countdown what my favourite reviews have been over the past 10 months.

As some people will know I write reviews for The Indie Ebook Review Site, which I started in August 2012. It was a lone venture back then that only did reviews. Later I started to add marketing posts, guest posts and recently a new member of the team. During my time I reviewed some great books, but not every one of my top reviews is my favourite and I thought I would share which reviews I have personally liked.


Although this is not one of the books I've given 5 stars to, the author did something that I think is so important and that is promoting their review. And due to that the website got a lot of attention and continues to do so to this day.


A more recent review, but it's one which I’ve enjoyed reading. Partly because normally this isn’t a genre which I think I would have picked up. Bringing my attention to a new reading area.


This was the first science fiction novel to be featured on the site and so will always have a special place in my heart. When I thought of doing the review site I thought I would have more science fiction appear on the site. But it took months to get the first one through.


This is great story, but what really makes it stand out was that it was aimed for a younger generation. So I read it to my son. It was nice to bring him into the fold and I even gave him a shot to give his opinions on the cover which were like sending a child into a room full of sweets.


This is the book that started it all off and so deserves to be high on the list. It is essentially a good book and should be recognised as such. But on this list as being my break into the reviewing world.

1. “Blood Faerie”by India Drummond

This book represents the series of books by India Drummond who came to my attention very early on. She is a great a author and these books are an example of her fantastic writing. All three I have read hold the top three high scores and are part of a small collection that have 5 stars from me.

So that is my list. Are there any reviews which you are particularly pleased with about your own books? Reviews I have done? Let me know.

If you have enjoyed this article or any other part of my blog please take the time to follow me on twitter and my facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment